Neuropathy is nerve pain derived from irritated or damaged nerves. Symptoms include: paresthesia (tingling sensation in extremities), abnormal sensitivity/intense experience of touch, burning, weakness, muscle wasting, or nocturnal pain.
There are many causes of nerve pain. Some causes include:
1. Diabetic Neuropathy- nerve damage due to elevated blood sugar
2. Vasculitis- narrowed blood vessels that reduce oxygen flow to the nerves and lead to damaged nerve tissue
3. Stress- prolonged stress can lead to inflamed muscles and damage movement in the joints
4. Autoimmune Diseases- Lupus, rheumatoid arthritis, and Sjogren’s syndrome are the most common causes of peripheral neuropathy. These diseases affect the connective tissues, joints, and organs by damaging nerve fibers or the sheathing surrounding them.
5. Chemotherapy/Radiation induced neuropathy- when treating tumors or cancer, chemotherapy and radiation can cause extensive nerve damage and severe chemo-induced peripheral neuropathy
6. Viruses- several viruses such as Epstein-Barr, West Nile, shingles, Herpes Simplex, and Lyme Disease attack the nerve tissues causing pain.
7. Traumatic Injuries- Injury to nerves from sports, accidents, falls, or surgical procedures can be minor or catastrophic and require prolonged management to restore optimal function.
Neuropathy can be quite painful and disabling. This is no solution or cure for neuropathy, but people who have nerve pain can experience relief using Hemp CBD.
Typical treatment for neuropathy includes Gabapentin, Lyrica, anti-depressants, over-the counter pain medications, opioids, steroid injections, or nerve blocks. These medications have the potential for abuse and addiction. There are also many side effects of taking these medications. Studies show that patients who experience neuropathic pain have benefited from cannabinoid (CBD) treatment. CBD has been found to suppress inflammatory and neuropathic pain by targeting a3 glycine receptors in the body. CBD has helped many patients wean off their medications completely or have helped them decrease the amount of medications needed in order to manage their neuropathic pain.
There are over 20 million people who suffer from neuropathic pain in the U.S. If you are one of the millions that suffer from this debilitating pain, Hemp CBD can provide a form of relief to improve your quality of life.
We offer a 5-star Hemp CBD oil to help manage your neuropathy and relieve your everyday pain. You will also benefit from the topical muscle/joint cream, which you can apply directly to any painful area.
Mandy Meitz Co-Founder, Board Certified Nurse Practitioner, wife and mother.